Phasetronics EP1 Series SCR
High performance Silicon Controlled Rectifiers for AC phase control
- Manufactured by Phasetronics
- High performance switching devices capable of AC phase power control
- Phase angle firing assures smooth proportional output from 0 to 100%
- Ideally suited for all resistive, inductive, and capacitive loads
- Available in single-phase version
- Options include current limit, current trip, line voltage regulation, soft start on signal change or lockout, and I2T fusing
- Control input is field configurable, manual (10K ohm potentiometer), 0-10V DC, 0-5V DC, 4-20mA
The single-phase Phasetronics EP1 Series SCR features phase angle control to provide smooth proportional output power from 0% to 100%. Designed to make low cost and high quality SCR phase control available, the Phasetronics EP1 Series SCR offers variable voltage outputs for many applications where solid state control was not previous economical.
The Phasetronics EP1 Series SCR (silicon controlled rectifier) power controls accept analog signals, unlike SSCs. The Phasetronics EP1 Series SCRs are high performance switching devices capable of fast, precise control of the power delivered to the load. Power is controlled by either phase angle firing or zero cross variable time base (burst) firing.
The phase angle Phasetronics EP1 Series SCR power control assures smooth proportional output power from 0 to 100%. These low-cost, high-quality controls are offered in a single phase version with a variety of optional features including current limit, current trip, line voltage regulation, soft start on signal change or lockout, and I2T fusing. Phasetronics EP1 Series SCRs are ideally suited for all resistive, inductive, and capacitive loads.
The Phasetronics EP1 Series SCR features a Soft Start function, which assures a slow rising output voltage to prevent saturation of inductive loads. The control input is adjustable to match all standard temperature and process controllers. The control signal sensitivity is adjustable by gain and offset potentiometers or can be controlled from an external potentiometer. MOVs protect the Phasetronics EP1 Series SCR from transient voltages. False firing (dv/dt) protection is standard.
Applications of the Phasetronics EP1 Series SCR
- Heater control
- Power supplies
- Quartz lamps
- Wire annealing
- Oven & furnace control
- Solid state autotransformer