Amprobe SOLAR-100 Solar Power Meter
Measures solar output that is used to calculate overall energy, efficiency and placement of solar systems
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Range: 1999 W/m2, 634 BTU/(ft2xh)
- Accuracy: ±10 W/m2 or ±5% (depending on sunlight)
- Angular Accuracy: Cosine corrected < 5% for angles < 60º
- Drift: less than ±2% per year
- Sampling time: ~0.25 second
- 3-1/2 digit display
- 2000 readings
The Amprobe SOLAR-100 solar power meter is used to optimize the placement of solar systems and verify window efficiency. The SOLAR-100 measures solar output that is used to calculate overall energy, efficiency and placement of solar systems.
Amprobe SOLAR-100 solar power meters measure the solar power and transmission up to 2000 W/m2, 634 BTU/ft2xh. The meter has two modes: power and transmission. The power mode measures the power per unit area of the incident solar radiation. The transmission mode calculates the solar power transmission percentage of the material. For example, how much solar power (in percent) will be transmitted through a window.
The Amprobe SOLAR-100 solar power meter has an easy to read display with remote sensor technology. Measurement units are selectable in either W/m2 or BTU (ft2 x h). The meter also has a data hold function and a MAX/MIN function to identify locations with maximum or minimum power
Applications for the Amprobe SOLAR-100 Solar Power Meter
- Window performance - calculation and verification of the heating or heat reduction caused by direct sunlight.
- Solar radiation measurements
- Solar power research for location of the solar panels or solar water heater
- Physics and optical laboratories
This product can be used in the following applications: