Badger Meter Series 200 Flow Sensors
Paddlewheel sensor for accurate flow measurements in pipes up to 40 inches in diameter
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Measures rate of flow as well as total accumulated flow
- Recommended design flow range:
- 0.5 to 30 ft/sec (0.3 to 15 ft/sec for Model 250)
- Initial detection below 0.3 ft/sec
- ±1.0% FS over recommended design flow range
- ±4.0% of reading within calibration range
- ±0.3% FS (±0.7% for Model 250) repeatability
- ±0.2% FS (±0.7% for Model 250) linearity
- Temperature ratings
- Standard version: 221°F (105°C)
- Irrigation version: 150°F (66°C)
- PVC version: 140°F (60°C)
- Pressure ratings: (at 100°F)
- Model 220BR: 400 psi
- Model 220SS: 400 psi
- Model 220PVS: 100 psi
- Model 225BR: 300 psi
- Model 226BR: 400 psi
- Model 226SS: 400 psi
- Model 228B: 200 psi
- Model 228CB: 175 psi
- Model 228SS: 300 psi
- Model 250BR: 400 psi
- Insertion, tee and hot-tap versions available
The Badger Meter Series 200 flow sensors utilize paddlewheel technology to provide accurate metering on flow velocities from 0.5 to 30 ft/second. Featuring a six bladed impeller design with a proprietary non-magnetic sensing mechanism, Series 200 sensors are available with a number of features which cover applications for a wide range of pipe sizes and pressure/temperature specifications.
Badger Meter Series 200 flow sensors incorporate a number of design elements which improve performance, installation, and maintenance. A forward swept impeller shape provides higher, more consistent torque and is less prone to be fouled by water borne debris. This shape coupled with the absence of magnetic drag provides improved operation and repeatability even at lower flow rates. This is especially true where the impeller is exposed to metallic or rust particles found in steel or iron pipes. The impeller bearing assembly, shaft and o-rings are also replaceable in the field and Series 200 sensors of similar type are interchangeable, so there is no need for recalibration after servicing or replacement.
The Badger Meter Series 200 flow sensors are designed to be used in conjunction with Badger Meter flow monitors or transmitters. An internal preamplifier in the sensor allows the pulse signal to travel up to 2000 feet to the monitor or transmitter without further amplification. The flow monitor also provides the power to operate the sensor.
The Badger Meter Series 200 flow sensors are available in a number of styles.
Model 220 Insertion Sensors
Badger Meter model 220 insertion sensors mount directly to pipes from 3 to 40 inches using a 2 inch NPT pipe saddle or Threadolet for installation. Model 220 sensors can achieve an accuracy of ±1% of full scale on flow velocities of 0.5 to 30 feet/second (±4.0% of reading within calibration range). Brass and stainless steel models are used in most general flow measuring applications in metallic or nonmetallic pipes. The PVC version is designed for service in corrosive liquids.
Model 225 and 226 Hot-Tap Sensors
Badger Meter models 225 and 226 hot-tap sensors are used for flow measuring applications in most metallic or non-metallic pipes where it would be difficult to shut down or drain the line for installation or service. The Model 225 features a gate valve for isolation. The Model 226 uses a ball valve. The sensor mounts in a 2 inch NPT pipe saddle or Threadolet for installation in pipe sizes from 3 to over 40 inches. Model 225 and 226 sensors can achieve an accuracy of ±1% of full scale on flow velocities of 0.5 to 30 feet/second (±4.0% of reading within calibration range). The Badger Meter HTT Hot Tap Tool is required for installation.
Model 228 Tee Sensors
Badger Meter model 228 tee sensors consists of a standard model 220 sensor mounted in a 2 or 2.5 inch tee. Versions of the 228 include a brass/bronze sensors in a bronze tee, a stainless steel sensor in a stainless steel tee, brass/bronze sensors in a cast iron tee, and a stainless steel sensor in a cast iron tee. Model 228 sensors can achieve an accuracy of ±1% of full scale on flow velocities of 0.5 to 30 feet/second (±4.0% of reading within calibration range).
Model 250 Tee Sensors
Badger Meter model 250 tee sensors combine a PPS electronics package inserted in a 1/2, 3/4, 1, 1-1/4, or 1-1/2 inch cast bronze pipe tee with threaded NPT connections. Model 250 sensors can achieve an accuracy of ±1% of full scale on flow velocities of 0.5 to 15 feet/second (±4.0% of reading within calibration range).
- Badger Meter Model 220BR Insertion Flow Sensor Datasheet PDF (322 KB)
- Badger Meter Model 220SS Insertion Flow Sensor Datasheet PDF (358 KB)
- Badger Meter Models 225 & 226 Hot Tap Flow Sensors Datasheet PDF (499 KB)
- Badger Meter Model 228 Tee Flow Sensor Datasheet PDF (289 KB)
- Badger Meter Model 250 Tee Flow Sensor Datasheet PDF (333 KB)
- Badger Meter Impeller Series 220PVCS PVC Insert Flow Sensor Datasheet PDF (298 KB)
- Badger Meter 200 Series Flow Sensor Manual PDF (414 KB)
- Badger Meter Model 228 & 250 Flow Sensors Manual PDF (262 KB)
- Badger Meter Model 228PV Tee Flow Sensor Manual PDF (579 KB)
This product can be used in the following applications: