GE Druck MCX-II Portable Documenting Calibrator
The most comprehensive field calibration tool available
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Over 90 Input/Output ranges: Pressure, Temperature, Electrical, and Frequency
- Eliminates field calibration errors
- Reduces instrumentation maintenance costs
- Memory card for procedure and data transfer
- Interchangeable single and dual range pressure modules from -14.7 to 5000 psi
- HART module for Smart transmitters
The GE Druck MCX-II portable documenting calibrator is the most comprehensive field calibration tool available. Designed for field use, the rugged and self-contained GE Druck MCX-II portable documenting calibrator simulates and reads RTDs, thermocouples, and resistance. The battery powered GE Druck MCX-II portable documenting calibrator sources and reads milliamps, millivolts, volts, and frequency. With interchangeable single and dual sensor pressure modules, over 90 input and output ranges are available to the GE Druck MCX-II portable documenting calibrator.
The multi-process GE Druck MCX-II portable documenting calibrator saves time and money with the calibration, maintenance, and commissioning of instrumentation for process plants, production lines, utility processing, and distribution by:
- Reducing the burden imposed by quality systems such as ISO 9000.
- Reducing calibration, maintenance and commissioning time.
- Reducing documentation time and errors.
- Replacing several standard test instruments.
- Reducing test instrument calibration costs.
- Minimizing downtime and maximizing efficient field usage.
The GE Druck MCX-II portable documenting calibrator has a PCMCIA memory card to provide data storage and to give total flexibility to suit different working practices. By simply exchanging PCMCIA cards, the GE Druck MCX-II portable documenting calibrator can remain permanently in the field - this can save valuable time when compared to serial data transfer methods. With a single item to calibrate, the cost of recalibration is reduced and the inconvenience of downtime is minimized.
HART ® communicator for SMART transmitters
The HART ® communicator allows digital field adjustment of smart transmitters. Typical adjustments to sensor and analog trims can take up to 40 minutes using conventional test equipment and a handheld communicator. With a single GE Druck MCX-II portable documenting calibrator, this time can be reduced to less than 10 minutes including a fully documented calibration.
Easy to use
The GE Druck MCX-II portable documenting calibrator has been designed for ease of use while meeting a wide range of application needs including calibration, maintenance, and commissioning. The easy-to-operate menu driven software enables the GE Druck MCX-II portable documenting calibrator to be set up very quickly. Simply scroll through the input and output menus to select the required parameters. Operating and connection errors such as loop resistance mismatch and cold junction temperature sensor absence are reported. The GE Druck MCX-II portable documenting calibrator's KEYSTROKING memory enables instant recall of previously stored user tests.
Each GE Druck MCX-II portable documenting calibrator has a dual parameter display which shows the input and output values in large clear digits with all applicable information such as the units of measurement and range. Using the rotating display, the rear face electrical connectors, and wide neck strap, the GE Druck MCX-II portable documenting calibrator can be safely worn around the neck or fastened to a suitable pipe or valve. This leaves the operator's hands free at all times and prevents dangerous drops.
Capabilities of the GE Druck MCX-II Portable Documenting Calibrator include:
- Input/output mA
- Input/simulate 12 types of T/C
- Input/simulate 9 types of RTD
- Input/output frequency and pulses
- Simulate transmitter input and measure transmitter output
- Input/output mV/V
- Input/output resistance
- Measure pressure: -14.7 to 5000 psi
- Test switches: captures values on contact change
- Trim smart HART transmitters