Ashcroft B Series Temperature Switch
Watertight Nema 4 or explosion proof NEMA 7 enclosure and optional welded design
Usually ships in 3-5 weeks
- Manufactured by Ashcroft
- Watertight NEMA 4 or explosion proof NEMA 7 enclosures
- Switch elements for all applications
- Fixed or limited adjustable deadband
- UL listings standard
- Setpoints adjustable from 15 to 100% of range
- (-40 to 60°F) to (500 to 750°F) temp range
- CSA listings available
- ATEX models available
- IECEx models available
The Ashcroft B-Series Temperature Switches feature a SAMA Class II vapor pressure thermal system. This system provides quick, accurate response to process temperature changes with negligible ambient temperature effects. This is inherent in the design due to the precise relationship that exists between temperature and pressure according to the vapor pressure laws. A wide selection of sensing bulb and armored capillary lengths is available. The vapor pressure system design features small bulb sizes, making installation easy and cost-effective.
All models feature ±1.0% percent of span setpoint repeatability with very high overtemperature ratings. These standard designs perform well in applications where shock and vibration could be a problem and should be used with Ashcroft thermowells for bulb protection and ease of installation and maintenance.
Ashcroft temperature switches have bulb diameters to match 3/8" nominal bore thermowells. The bulbs have a sensitive portion length of 2" which can be used with 2 1/2" "U" dimensioned thermowells or longer. For maximum accuracy, a thermowell's "U" dimension should be selected to permit complete immersion of the sensitive portion plus 1˝ when measuring the temperature of liquids; an extra 3˝ should be allowed when measuring the temperature of gases.
- Ashcroft B Series Pressure Switches Datasheet PDF (330 KB)
- Ashcroft T700 Series Temperature Switch Quick Specs PDF (289 KB)
- Ashcroft T400 Series Temperature Switch Quick Specs PDF (339 KB)
- Ashcroft B400 Series Temperature Switch Wiring Diagram PDF (308 KB)
- Ashcroft B700 Series Temperature Switch Wiring Diagram PDF (312 KB)
- Ashcroft B Series Temperature Switch Product Selection Guide PDF (90 KB)