Stuart SC6 PLUS Colony Counter
Provides fast and accurate counting of bacterial and mold colonies
- Part number SC6PLUS
- Manufactured by Stuart
- 50 to 90 mm dish size
- Choice of light or dark background
- Pressure sensitive counting
- Average count facility
- Digital readout from 0 to 999
- Bright white energy saving LED lighting
- Audible confirmation
- With BioCote antimicrobial protection
- Connectivity to printer or computer
The Stuart SC6 PLUS Colony Counter is ideal for all microbiology applications providing fast and accurate counting of bacterial and mold colonies. The SC6+ colony counter is easy to use. Simply place the petri dish on the electronic pressure pad and touch the dish with a felt tip pen to mark each colony. The touch pressure causes a count to be registered on the digital display and an audible tone confirms each count made (the sound can be switched on or off as desired).
Any suitable implement, a felt tip pen for example, may be used to apply pressure to the dish. The sensitivity required to register a count can be adjusted to suit with an easy to use dial. This unit can also be used to count multiple plates, and then calculate the average colony count via the built-in averaging facility.
A choice of either white or black background on which to view colonies is available. The black background aids the viewing of difficult, translucent colonies. Two dish centering adapters are provided to enable the use of 50 to 90mm petri dishes. In addition, the receiver dish may be easily removed for cleaning.
- Touch pressure with felt tip marker on petri dish registers cumulative count on the digital display with confirmation by audible tone (can be turned on or off). The pressure required to register a count can be adjusted to suit each user.
- Averaging facility calculates average count over multiple plates. Counting results as well as useful statistics including SD can be sent directly to the accessory printer or to a computer via a USB cable supplied.
- Sub-stage illumination by low energy bright LED's allows glare-free optimum viewing. A switchable black background is provided to enhance viewing of translucent and difficult to see colonies.
- The Stuart SC6 PLUS Colony Counter is supplied with two Wolffhuegel graticules and dish centering adapters to facilitate use with 50mm to 90mm dishes. A choice of magnifiers and a printer are available as optional accessories.
BioCote® antimicrobial protection
BioCote® has been offered exclusively by Stuart®, for the Stuart® range of benchtop equipment since 2006. BioCote® utilises silver technology to provide built in antimicrobial protection, so the Stuart® range can help create a safer and more hygienic laboratory environment. By reducing levels of bacteria, mold and fungi, your BioCote® protected piece of Stuart® equipment can help reduce the risk of cross contamination and consequently infection within the laboratory.
Please consider these optional accessories.
Magnifiers for Stuart SC6 colony counters
Wolffhuegel graticule and segmentation discs for the Stuart SC6 colony counter