Megger MIT480 / MIT481 / MIT485 CAT IV Insulation Testers
Designed for electrical testing by power utilities, industrials, telecommunication companies, commercial/domestic electricians and anyone with unique test voltage requirements.
Usually ships in 1-2 weeks
- Manufactured by Megger
- Insulation testing up to 1000 V and 200 GΩ
- Analog arc and dual digital display
- CAT IV 600 V rating
- TRMS & DC Voltage measurement
- Continuity testing at 200 mA or 20 mA down to 0.01
- IP54 rated
- Bluetooth option
The Megger MIT400 series insulation and continuity testers have been designed for electrical testing by power utilities, industrials, telecommunication companies, commercial/domestic electricians and anyone with unique test voltage requirements. The wide range of features also makes the MIT400 ideal for maintenance technicians and engineers. They replace the well-established BM400 insulation tester range, giving greater functionality with simplified operation, greater application range and increased safety.
Designed to cope with the additional requirements of the telecommunications industry, MIT Models 480, 481 and 485 include 50 V and 100 V range insulation testing as standard, plus higher voltages as required. In addition, the voltage detection test inhibit feature has been raised to 75 V (from 50 V), to allow testing of cables with coactivity coupled induced voltages, which would normally inhibit such testing with a 50 V protected instrument. Finally the MIT481 and MIT485 models include measurement of cable distance by capacitance, providing a convenient cable length without the need to use TDR technology, with adjustable cable capacitance from 40 nF/Km to 60 nF/Km (default is 50 nF/Km).
The MIT400 Series instruments are designed to meet all of the requirements of IEC1010-2 and EN61557 and meets the safety requirements for use on CAT IV 600 V. Also, fast detection circuitry prevents damage to the instruments if accidentally connected to live circuits or across phases.
Specific safety features include:
- Any live circuit detection inhibits any insulation testing on circuits above 50 V (75 volts on Telecom models)
- Any live circuit detection and test inhibit on continuity measurements
- Default display of live circuit voltage on all ranges
- Detection and inhibit features function even if the protections fuse has failed
The MIT480, MIT481, and MIT485 are designed for telecommunication testing.
Applications for the Megger MIT480, MIT5481, and MIT485:
- 75 V live circuit inhibitn Cable length by capacitance measurement (Models 481 & 485)
- Cable distance in feet or km (Model 481 & 485)
- Extensive results storage capability – store test date for later recall (models 481 & 485)
- Bluetooth download capability - wireless transferof stored results to a PC
- Building/Campus electrical maintenance
- Large and small scale electrical installations
- Periodic electrical systems inspection and testing
- Cable testing
The Megger MIT 480, MIT 481, and MIT485 all ship complete with:
- Set of silicone test leads – Flexible and long lasting, these leads prevent errors from test lead leakage on high resistance type of insulation testing. They also provide increased accuracy above 10 GΩ
- Rugged instrument rubber boot with built-in stand– Protects the instrument from dings and drops and provides an easier, better grip of the instrument.
- Plug-in switch probe – Allows the user to remotely perform insulation tests, reducing the time taken to perform a test. Not included with the MIT400 and 40X.
- High-impact polypropylene carry case – Further protects the instrument and provides space for the leads, switch probe, etc.
- Free calibration certificate (not included with the MIT40X).
- Owner information CD.
- Three year product warranty.
|Minimum Test Voltage||50V|
|Maximum Test Voltage||100V (480), 1000V (481, 485)|
|Maximum Reading||100 GΩ (480), 200 GΩ (481, 485)|
|Data Storage||None (480), >1000 results (481, 485)|
|PC Interface||None (480, 481), Bluetooth (485)|