Amprobe AT-4004CON Advanced Wire Tracer Kit
Kit with transmitter, receiver and accessories used to trace energized, unenergized, hidden, broken and buried wires
Usually ships in 1-2 weeks
- Part number AT-4004CON
- Manufactured by Amprobe
- Receiver Range
- Short Mode (in air): 20’ in air from the traced wire
- Open Mode (in air): 12’ in air from the traced wire
- Sensitivity: Low, Mid, High gain with precise sensitivity adjustment
- Receiver not position sensitive
- Traces live wires buried or hidden behind walls
- Traces energized and non-energized (open, broken) wires
- Performs tests without having to interrupt power
- Locates breakers, neutrals, and ground lines
- Locates & traces wires in walls, floors, conduit, computer cables, etc.
- Pinpoints shorts, ground faults and broken wires
- Does not interfere with sensitive electronic equipment
- Battery Booster strengthens signal for open tracing
The Amprobe AT-4004 CON Advanced Wire Tracer system is an easy to use system for tracing energized and non-energized (open, broken) wires without having to interrupt power and will not interfere with sensitive electronic equipment. AT-4004 CON kits contain one universal transmitter that automatically switches to work with either energized or non-energized systems. The receiver has two built-in sensors and unlike other receivers, is not position sensitive. It doesn't need to be rotated in order to provide accurate readings.
The Amprobe AT-4004 CON Advanced Wire Tracer system traces live wires buried or hidden behind walls; locates breakers, neutrals and ground lines; and can also locate and trace wires in walls, floors, conduit, computer cables and more.
The Amprobe AT-4004-CON Advanced Wire Tracer Kit includes:
The R-4000CON receiver has two built-in detectors that are tuned to pick up the 32.768kHz signals created by the T-4000 transmitter. The R-4000CON is designed to display the signal strength to enable quick locating of the conductor carrying the signal.
When connected to an energized circuit, the T-4000 will filter the low frequencies up to 400 Hz and rapidly indicate on the display the wire is energized. At the start of transmission, a signal combination is injected on top of the 50, 60 or 400Hz signal, which causes a slight periodic current fluctuation and allows the power line to emit its own traceable signal that can be detected back to the main generator but will not interfere with any sensitive electronic equipment.
110VAC Plug to Banana plug cordset for use with 110V AC receptacles.
Alligator clips to banana plugs used for direct contact to bare conductors.
25 foot ground test lead.
Alligator clip for ground lead.
A2202 Clamp-on Transmitter Accessory
Clamp-on transmitter will allow non-contact signal indication onto energized or non-energized conductors.
Hard carrying case.