Thermo Scientific Orion AQUAfast COD165 Thermoreactor
Ideal for environmental and wastewater monitoring with EPA accepted methods
Usually ships in 1-2 weeks
- Part number COD165
- Manufactured by Thermo Scientific Orion
- Samples: Up to 25 Digestion Tubes, 16mm diameter
- Selectable Temperatures: 100°C, 120°C, 150°C, 160°C or 165°C
- Selectable Times: 30 minutes, 60 minutes, 120 minutes or continuous
- Safety Cover: Clear plastic, hinged to flip up for loading and unloading
- Reaching Set Temperature or End of Timed Cycle: Acoustic signal
- Thermoregulator: PID microprocessor
- Over-temperature Protection: Yes
- Precision: ± 0.2 % end of scale
- Temperature Probe: Pt100 class A
- Temperature Probe Calibration: Automatic by software
- Heating Block Temperature Stability: ±0.5°C
- Heating Block Temperature Homogeneity: ±0.5°C
- Heating Block Temperature Precision: ±1°C
- Performance from 20°C to 150°C: 12 minutes
- Power Supply: 100 - 220 V, 50/60 Hz
The Thermo Scientific Orion AQUAfast COD165 thermoreactor is ideal for environmental and wastewater monitoring with EPA accepted methods. Capable of holding 25 samples (in 16m round glass vials), this Orion AQUAfast digester is designed for sample preparation in determining chemical oxygen demand (COD), total phosphorus, total nitrogen, total chromium and other parameters in water and sludge analysis. The COD165 is designed to work with Thermo Scientific Orion colorimeters-- Just add the sample to the COD vial, digest sample in the reactor and read results with an AQUAfast colorimeter.
The Thermo Scientific Orion AQUAfast COD165 thermoreactor is designed to be highly resistant to chemical and mechanical corrosion. The heating block that holds the COD vials allows for very good thermal homogeneity at the selected temperatures. The temperature of the AQUAfast COD165 heating block is microprocessor controlled. The Pt100 temperature probe does not require any calibration, because when the instrument is turned on, a self test is performed. The COD165 features a precision of ±0.2% (end of scale) and heating block temperature stability and homogeneity to ±0.5°C. The heating block temperature's precision is ±1°C.
The COD165 thermoreactor has five preset work temperatures of 100°C, 120°C, 150°C, 160°C and 165°C and four preset run times of 30 minutes, 60 minutes, 120 minutes or continuous time. The heating block is equipped with over-temperature protection by a thermostat, which turns off heating when the temperature exceeds 180°C. The COD165 thermoreactor is also equipped with a voltage selector for either 115V or 230V. The Thermo Scientific Orion AQUAfast COD165 automatically detects the incoming wall voltage and frequency, so there are no switches for the user to set before powering. Just place the sample tubes into the digestor wells, cover with the hinged safety shield, set the temperature and time then let the samples digest.