Hanna Instruments HI 84430 & HI 84431 Total Titrators
Alkalinity and acidity titrators with pH and temperature measurement
Select options to see availability
- Manufactured by Hanna Instruments
- Low range titratable acidity (HI84430): mg/L: 15.0 - 500.0 mg/L as CaCO3
- High range titratable acidity (HI84430): mg/L: 400 - 4000 mg/L as CaCO3
- Low range titratable alkalinity (HI84431): mg/L: 10.0 - 500.0 mg/L as CaCO3
- High range titratable alkalinity (HI84431): mg/L: 400.0 - 4000.0 mg/L as CaCO3
- Titration accuracy: 5% of reading
- pH range: -2.0 to 16.0 pH
- pH accuracy: ±0.01 pH
- Temperature range: -20.0 to 120.0°C (-4.0 to 248.0°F)
- Temperature accuracy: ±0.4°C without probe error
- User-friendly interface
- PC interface via USB connection
The Hanna Instruments HI84430 and HI84431 are automatic titrators designed for fast and accurate analysis of total tritratable acidity (model HI84430) and total titratable alkalinity (model HI84431) in water. By utilizing potentiometric endpoint determination, peristaltic titrant delivery as well as an integrated magnetic stirring system, these titrators eliminate errors and technique dependent results associated with manual titrations.
Both of these Hanna Instrument units, in addition to measuring either acidity (HI84430) or alkalinity (HI84431) to an basic accuracy of 5%, measure pH from -2 to 16 pH with an accuracy of ±0.01 pH and temperatures from -20.0 to 120.0°C with an accuracy of ±0.4°C.
The Hanna Instruments HI84430 acidity titrator utilizes two types of acidity measurement: strong acidity determination (known as methyl orange acidity) and total acidity determination (known as phenolphthalein acidity).
The Hanna Instruments HI84431 alkalinity titrator also utilizes two forms of measurement: strong alkalinity determination (known as phenolphthalein alkalinity) and total alkalinity determination (known as bromcresol green alkalinity).
The Hanna Instruments HI84430 and HI84431 have an intuitive interface which makes the instrument simple to use. A dedicated HELP key guides the user through the set-up and calibration sequences, reports instrument status and aids in troubleshooting. The Hanna Instruments HI84430 and HI84431 titrators also include log on demand for up to 100 samples (50 pH measurements, 50 titration results), GLP compliance and PC interface via USB.