Monarch Instrument Phaser-Strobe PBX Stroboscope
Portable stroboscope with a range of 30 to 50,000 FPM and external phase shifting
Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Manufactured by Monarch Instrument
- Flash rates from 30 to 50,00 flashes per minute, adjustable in 0.05 step increments
- Flash Energy (Typical): 230 mJoule to 3450 FPM
- Flash Duration (Typical): 10-30 microseconds
- Phase Shift adjustable as phase angle or time with resolution to 0.01º and 0.01 msec
- Virtual RPM mode provides slow motion viewing for high speed events
- Backlit alphanumeric LCD shows flash rate, degrees, time
- Store and recall nine memory settings
- TTL compatible input/output jacks, power for optional sensors
- Tachometer mode allows measurement up to 250,000 RPM using external sensors
- N.I.S.T. Traceable Certificate of Calibration included
The Monarch Instrument Phaser-Strobe PBX stroboscope incorporates the unique design features of the Nova-Strobe family of stroboscopes with an increased operating range of 30 to 50,000 flashes per minute, the highest available.
The Monarch Instrument Phaser-Strobe PBX stroboscope also has true external Phase Shifting throughout the complete operating range, based on a reference signal from an external sensor. To quickly identify the basic speed and harmonics, the Monarch Instrument Phaser-Strobe PBX stroboscope can multiply or divide the flash rate by two with the press of a button. The unique digital adjustment knob of the Monarch Instrument Phaser-Strobe PBX stroboscope can select the decade for adjustments, so coarse and fine adjustments of flash rates are made quickly and with significantly better resolution than competitive units.
The Monarch Instrument Phaser-Strobe PBX stroboscope's memory feature allows three frequencies to be stored in memory, accelerating measurements that require the use of several different flash rates which can be displayed in both flashes per minute or flashes per second. The Monarch Instrument Phaser-Strobe PBX stroboscope operates with internal rechargeable NiMH batteries and may also be run continuously from AC mains using the included universal AC power supply/charger.
The Monarch Instrument Phaser-Strobe PBX stroboscope is compatible with Monarch's line of remote optical, magnetic, and infrared sensors with 1/8" phono plug connection.
The Monarch Instrument Phaser-Strobe PBX stroboscope is available as meter only which includes the stroboscope, 115/230 VAC power supply/re-charger and a NIST traceable certificate of calibration; or as a kit which includes the stroboscope, 115/230 VAC power supply/re-charger, spare lamp, carrying case and NIST traceable certificate of calibration.
Applications for the Monarch Instrument Phaser-Strobe PBX Stroboscope
- Calibration of Tachometers
- Diagnostic Inspection
- Engine R&D
- Shaker Tables
|Range (FPM)||30-50,000 FPM|
|Flash Duration||8 to 20 usec|
|Display||36 detents per revolution and blinking decade selection|
|Flash Rate Resolution||0.01 to 1.0 FPM|
|Flash Rate Accuracy||±0.002%|
|Tachometer Mode||5-250,000 RPM from external trigger|
|External Input||Input Pulse - 0.5 usec min, TTL to 24V max (1/8" phone plug)|
|Memory||pbx: 9 flash rates to be stored|
|Weight||1.9lbs (0.85kg) including batteries|