Watlow SD Series Limit Controller
Dual display, single channel limit controller with universal input
- Manufactured by Watlow
- Watlow's INFOSENSE sensor technology
- Watlow's patented User Defined Menu System
- "Save and Restore" feature for user settings
- WATVIEW HMI (Human Machine Interface)
- Infrared Communications - allows easier controller setup, operation and monitoring
- Up to three outputs (two for 1/32 DIN)
- Dual displays for all models
- Ramp to set point - Controls temperature rise
- Variable burst fire - prolongs heater life
The Watlow SD Series limit controller has been designed with the same microprocessor-based technology as the Watlow SD Series PID temperature controller. The limits come with the FM (Factory Mutual) agency approval - the industry's most recognized designation for insurance concerns.
Watlow SD Series limit controllers are typically added to thermal applications to monitor an over-temperature condition as a safety precaution. The Watlow SD Series limit controller provides a redundant safety assurance to guard against instances where a high temperature runaway condition could result from a shorted input sensor, or from an output device that fails in a closed position.
Watlow SD Series limit controllers are often required in applications where thermal runaway could result in costly operator safety concerns, product scrap, damage to capital equipment, or a fire hazard.