GE General Eastern Modus W Series
Differential pressure transmitters (wet/wet)
Call for availability
- Manufactured by GE General Eastern
- Accuracy: ±1/2% of differential pressure range (includes non-linearity and hysteresis) or ±1% for 6 psid (50 kPA) range
- Calibration: (Traceable to N.I.S.T.)
- Operating temperature range: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F)
- Storage temperature: -30 to 70°C (-20 to 160°F)
- Shock Resistance: 10G (11ms)
- Polarized Euro plug/connectors
- Connections: Pluggable terminal block for wire 14 to 26 AWG
- Mating connector is supplied
- Dimensions: 3.56"x4.54"x2.18" (90x115x55 mm)
- Enclosure material: Aluminum Alloy #A380
- Cover screws: M4 Stainless Steel non-magnetic
- Finish: Black epoxy paint
- Knockout: 1 or 2 holes (size of 1/2" conduit)
- Cable glands not included
- Pressure port connections: 1/8-28 female NPT
- Weight: 1.2 lb (540g)
The GE General Easter Modus W Series pressure transmitters are designed to measure low differential pressures of liquids or gases. A wide selection of standard pressure ranges and electrical ratings is available.
These pressure transmitters from the GE General Eastern Modus W Series feature: no moving parts to wear out, proven long term stability of piezoresistive devices, and all welded construction. Only 316 stainless steel is in contact with the fluid.
Series W pressure transmitters are an excellent choice for many HVAC, process and automation monitoring requirements. Typical applications of these pressure transmitters include measurement of differential pressure across flow elements, heat exchangers, pumps, filters, liquid level monitoring and other demanding differential pressure measurement and control applications.
The GE General Easter Modus W Series pressure transmitters are housed in a compact heavy duty gasketted cast aluminum enclosure designed to IP 65 of IEC 529 standards and NEMA 4. The die cast aluminum enclosure incorporates a recessed neoprene gasket to prevent ingress of moisture or dust. Wall mounting holes are enclosed in the cast aluminum box and concealed by the cover. The wall mounting holes and the cover attaching screws are outside the gasketted area. Access to these pressure transmitters' electrical terminals are made through a knockout on the front of the box. One knockout is standard with three hole sizes available to accommodate usage of 1/2" conduit or metric sizes PG11 and PG13.
Models from the GE General Easter Modus W Series of Pressure Transmitters
|W30||2-wire transmitter||11-32 VDC||4-20mA|
The span or zero adjustment is performed with a 20-turn potentiometer for fine resolution. A 50% adjustment in output is possible. The GE General Easter Modus W Series pressure transmitters have been tested by an accredited laboratory and comply with the European requirements of Council Directive 89/336/EEC for emission measurements per EN50081-1 and immunity tests per EN50082-1.
Operation of the GE General Eastern Modus W Series Pressure Transmitter
These pressure transmitters from GE General Eastern consist of two high accuracy piezoresistive sensors with stainless steel isolation diaphragms. Both sensors measure static pressure and the difference between these two measurements is computed electronically. The use of high accuracy and stable sensors makes this measurement possible. Since each sensor measures the full static pressure, there is no possibility of overpressurizing the transmitter if one sensor is disconnected from the line. No complex and expensive balancing valves are needed.