Extech 42515 Infrared Thermometer
-58 to 1472°F, 13:1 (D:S), ±2% accuracy, laser sight, adjustable emissivity
Select options to see availability
- Manufactured by Extech
- Automatic emissivity adjustment (for temperature 212°F or higher)
- Memory stores up to 20 readings
- Laser pointer provides better aim and accuracy
- Auto-hold activates when the measurement trigger is released
- MAX/MIN/AVG/DIF features display highest, lowest, average and MAX minus MIN values
- Data Hold, Auto Power Off, and low battery indication
The handheld Extech 42515 infrared thermometer offers a wide temperature range for IR temperature measurement and Type K thermocouple measurement. Featuring automatic emissivity adjustment for temperatures 212°F or higher, the Extech 42515 infrared thermometer has the ability to store up to 20 readings in its memory.
The Extech 42515 infrared thermometer is equipped with a large LCD display with bright backlighting for easy-to-read measurements and programming parameters. A laser pointer providers better aim and accuracy, and each Extech 42515 infrared thermometer features an auto-hold which activates when the measurement trigger is released. Another valuable feature of the Extech 42515 infrared thermometer is the adjustable high/low alarm to alert the user visually and audibly when the temperature exceeds programmed limits.
The Extech 42515 infrared thermometer also has MAX/MIN/AVG/DIF features, which display the highest, lowest, average, and MAX minus MIN values. Other displays include Data Hold, Auto Power Off, and low battery indication. Switches built into the Extech 42515 infrared thermometer's handle allow for °C/°F display selection, auto power off defeat, and alarm on/off control.
The Extech 42515 infrared thermometer comes complete with a 9V battery, a Type K thermocouple sensor (-4 to 482°F, -20 to 250°C), and a carrying case. The 42515 is also available packaged with the Extech TP200 Type K Pipe Clamp Temperature Probe. The TP200 has a spring-loaded jaw for a secure grip on pipe from 0.25" (6.35mm) to 1.5" (38mm). The TP200 has a temperature range of -4 to 200°F (-20 to 93°C) with an accuracy of ±3.6°F (1.8°C).
Applications for the Extech 42515 Handheld Infrared Thermometer
- Measure the surface temperature of objects difficult to reach or unsafe to touch
- Scan for hot spots on motors, electrical panels, curcuits, and other equipment
- Used extensively in processes where glass, iron and steel, non-ferrous materials, and minerals must be monitored