Hedland Flow Switches and Transmitters for Petroleum Fluids
Flow Alert micro or reed flow switches and multi output transmitters for petroleum fluids
Usually ships in 2-3 weeks. Call for expedite options
- Manufactured by Hedland
- 0.02-150 GPM (0.1-560 LPM)
- 1/4 to 1-1/2 inch ports
- SAE, NPTF and BSPP ports
- Anodized and epoxy-coated aluminum housing w/ polycarbonate lens
- NEMA 12 and 13 (IP65)
- 240°F (116°C) max.
- 6,000 psi (414 bar) max.
- ±2% full scale accuracy
- ±1% Repeatability
The Hedland Flow Alert Flow Switches and Transmitters for Petroleum Fluids combines the rugged, proven technology of a direct reading, piston-type, variable area flow meter with a linear potentiometer. This compact package provides the user instantaneous flow rate indication as well as the capability to interface with virtually all analog process control devices. This Hedland meter has a surrounding aluminum enclosure to seal against industrial contamination. This enclosure is rated NEMA 12 and 13 (IP65).
The pressure rating for aluminum and brass versions of the meter is 3,500 psi/241 bar maximum with a 3:1 safety factor for liquids and 1,000 psi/69 bar maximum with a 10:1 safety factor for gases. The pressure rating for stainless steel versions is 6,000 psi/414 bar maximum (5,000 psi/345 bar maximum for 3/4" to 1-1/2" series) with a 3:1 safety factor for liquids and 1,500 psi/103 bar maximum with a 10:1 safety factor for gases.
All Hedland variable area flow meters use a sharp-edged annular orifice, formed between the open-centered piston and a contoured metering cone. The piston is held in a "no flow" position at the base of the contoured cone by a calibrated retention spring. Flow through the meter creates a differential pressure across the piston orifice, moving the piston against the spring. The greater the volume, the further the piston moves. Externally, the flow indicator is magnetically-coupled to the moving piston. The indicator is visually "read" against a graduated flow scale.
The electronics convert fluid flow rate to proportional analog output signals of 4-20 mA, 0-5 VDC, and 0-10 VDC. Each sensor is "loop powered" and inherently isolated, operating on 4-20 mA current. A DC power source must be used to provide the necessary excitement to your flow meter.
Features of the Hedland Flow Switches and Transmitters for Petroleum Fluids:
- Automatically signals alarm if flow is too high or too low
- Automatically opens or closes electrical circuits
- Triggers warning lights, buzzers and other devices
- Shuts down pumps and/or other equipment to protect your operation against permanent damage
- Available in aluminum, brass, and stainless steel
- Installs in any position
- Easier-to-read linear scale
- No flow straighteners or special piping requirements
- Relatively insensitive to shock and vibration
- Special scales available
- Hedland Flow Alert Micro Switch for Petroleum Fluids Data Sheet PDF (449 KB)
- Hedland Flow Alert Reed Switch for Petroleum Fluids Data Sheet PDF (371 KB)
- Hedland Flow Alert Micro and Reed Switches for Petroleum Fluids Manual PDF (2.0 MB)
- Hedland MR Flow Transmitter for Petroleum Fluids Data Sheet PDF (590 KB)
- Hedland MR Flow Transmitter for Petroleum Fluids Manual PDF (2.3 MB)
- Hedland Flow Switches and Transmitters for Petroleum Fluids Pressure Drop Chart PDF (134 KB)
Please consider these optional accessories.
1/8 DIN analog input panel meters