Hedland Flow Switches and Transmitters for Water-based Fluids
Flow Alert micro or reed flow switches and multi output transmitters for Water-based fluids
Usually ships in 2-3 weeks. Call for expedite options
- Manufactured by Hedland
- 0.02-150 GPM (0.1-560 LPM)
- 1/4 to 1-1/2 inch ports
- SAE, NPTF and BSPP ports
- Anodized and epoxy-coated aluminum housing w/ polycarbonate lens
- NEMA 12 and 13 (IP65)
- 240°F (116°C) max.
- Pressure up to 6,000 psi (414 bar) maximum
- ±2% full scale accuracy
- ±1% Repeatability
The Hedland Flow Alert Flow Switches and Transmitters for Water-based Fluids combines a direct reading, piston-type, variable area flow meter with a linear potentiometer. This compact package provides the user instantaneous flow rate indication as well as the capability to interface with virtually all analog process control devices. This meter has a NEMA 12 and 13 (IP65) rated aluminum enclosure to seal against industrial contamination.
Depending on the application, there is a choice of switch options for the Hedland flow switches and ttransmitters. The micro switch is available in a single (1) or double (2) prewired single-pole, double-throw (SPDT). The reed switch is available in a single (1) or double (2) prewired single-pole, single-throw (SPST-NO) normally open or single-pole, single-throw (SPST-NC) normally closed.
Hedland aluminum and brass flow switches have a pressure rating of 3,500 psi/241 bar maximum with a 3:1 safety factor in liquids and a pressure rating of 1,000 psi/69 bar maximum with a 10:1 safety factor in gases. Stainless steel flow switches have a pressure rating of 6,000 psi/414 bar max. (5,000 psi/345 bar maximum for 3/4" to 1-1/2" series) with a 3:1 safety factor for liquids and 1,500 psi/103 bar maximum with a 10:1 safety factor for gases.
All Hedland variable area flow meters use a sharp-edged annular orifice, formed between the open-centered piston and a contoured metering cone. The piston is held in a "no flow" position at the base of the contoured cone by a calibrated retention spring. Flow through the meter creates a differential pressure across the piston orifice, moving the piston against the spring. The greater the volume, the further the piston moves. Externally, the flow indicator is magnetically-coupled to the moving piston. The indicator is visually "read" against a graduated flow scale.
Hedland electronics convert fluid flow rate to proportional analog output signals of 4-20 mA, 0-5 Vdc, and 0-10 Vdc. Each sensor is "loop powered" and inherently isolated, operating on a 4-20 mA current. A DC power source must be used to provide the necessary excitement to the product.
Features of the Hedland Flow Alert Flow Switches and Transmitters for Water-based Fluids:
- Automatically signals alarm if flow is too high or too low
- Automatically opens or closes electrical circuits
- Triggers warning lights, buzzers and other devices
- Shuts down pumps and/or other equipment to protect your operation against permanent damage
- Available in aluminum, brass and stainless steel
- Installs in any position
- Easier-to-read linear scale
- No flow straighteners or special piping requirements
- Relatively insensitive to shock and vibration
- Special scales available
- Hedland Flow Alert Micro Switches for Water-based Fluids Data Sheet PDF (364 KB)
- Hedland Flow Alert Micro Switches for Oil/Water Emulsions Data Sheet PDF (365 KB)
- Hedland Flow Alert Reed Switches for Water and Other Liquids Data Sheet PDF (383 KB)
- Hedland Flow Alert Reed Switches for Oil/Water Emulsions Data Sheet PDF (384 KB)
- Hedland Flow Alert Micro and Reed Switches for Water-based Fluids Manual PDF (2.0 MB)
- Hedland MR Transmitter for Water-Based Fluids Manual (2.3 MB)
- Hedland MR Transmitter for Water-Based Fluids Data Sheet PDF (599 KB)
- Hedland Flow Switches and Transmitters for Water-based Fluids Drop Chart PDF (139 KB)
- Hedland Flow Switches and Transmitters for Water & Other Liquids Drop Chart PDF (126 KB)
Please consider these optional accessories.
1/8 DIN analog input panel meters