Hedland High Pressure Flow Meter for Petroleum Fluids
Variable area flow meter for petroleum fluids with pressures to 6000psi
Select options to see availability
- Manufactured by Hedland
- Aluminum, brass or SS body
- 240°F max.
- Calibrated for 0.876 S.G.
- ±2% full scale accuracy
- ±1% Repeatability
- Special scales available
- 0.02-0.2 GPM up to 20-300 GPM
(0.1-0.75 LPM up to 100-1100 LPM)
- 1/4 to 3 inch ports
- SAE, NPTF and BSPP ports
- 6,000 psi (414 bar) maximum
- Test kit and reverse flow options available
The Hedland High Pressure Flow Meter for Petroleum Fluids is an industrial class variable area flow meter designed to be used to measure the flow of petroleum and petroleum-based fluids. These low cost yet rugged in-line meters feature high quality metal construction in brass, stainless steel, or anodized aluminum. They are available in seven port sizes from 1/4" to 3" with flow ranges from 0.02 to 300 GPM.
Hedland high pressure variable area flow meters can be used in applications in which the temperature ranges from -20 to 240°F. Stainless steel flow meters are pressure rated for 6,000 psi/414 bar maximum (5,000 psi/345 bar maximum for 3/4" to 1-1/2" series) with a 3:1 safety factor. Aluminum and brass variable flow meters are pressure rated for 3,500 psi/241 bar maximum (800 psi/55 bar maximum for 3" series) with a 3:1 safety factor.
The Hedland High Pressure Flow Meter for Petroleum Fluids can be configured with a reverse flow option. Additionally, an optional test kit is available which includes a glycerin-dampened analog pressure gauge (range from 0 to 3500 psi with brass or aluminum meters or 0 to 6000 psi with stainless steel meters) and a load valve (needle valve with 1/2", 3/4" and 1" meters and ball valve with 1-1/4" and 1-1/2" meters).
All Hedland variable area flow meters use a sharp-edged annular orifice, formed between the open-centered piston and a contoured metering cone. The piston is held in a "no flow" position at the base of the contoured cone by a calibrated retention spring. Flow through the meter creates a differential pressure across the piston orifice, moving the piston against the spring. The greater the volume, the further the piston moves. Externally, the flow indicator is magnetically-coupled to the moving piston. The indicator is visually "read" against a graduated flow scale.
Applications for the Hedland High Pressure Flow Meter for Petroleum Fluids:
- Hydraulic Fluid Power Systems
- Petroleum-based Fluids
- Direct reading
- Install in any position
- 360° rotatable guard/scale
- Easier-to-read linear scale
- No flow straighteners or special piping required
- Relatively insensitive to shock and vibration
- Good viscosity stability
- Hedland High Pressure Flow Meter for Petroleum Fluids Data Sheet PDF (227 KB)
- Hedland High Pressure Flow Meter for Petroleum Fluids Pressure Drop Chart PDF (134 KB)
- Hedland High Pressure Flow Meter for Petroleum Fluids Manual PDF (1.4 MB)
- Hedland High Pressure Flow Meter for Petroleum Fluids with Test Kit Data Sheet PDF (369 KB)