Hedland High Pressure Flow Meter for Water-based Fluids
Variable area flow meter for water-based fluids and oil/water emulsions with pressures to 6000psi
Usually ships in 2-3 weeks. Call for expedite options
- Manufactured by Hedland
- Aluminum, brass, or stainless body
- 240°F max.
- ±2% full scale accuracy
- ±1% Repeatability
- Special scales available
- Calibrated for 1.0 S.G.
- For 80/20 and other water/oil emulsions
- 0.02-0.2 GPM up to 20-275 GPM (0.1-0.75 LPM up to 100-1000 LPM)
- 1/4 to 3 inch ports
- SAE, NPTF, and BSPP ports
- Reverse flow and test kits available with oil/water emusion meters
The Hedland High Pressure Flow Meter for Water-based Fluids is an industrial class variable area flow meter designed to be used to measure the flow of water and water-based fluids including oil/water emulsions of up to 20% oil. These low cost yet rugged in-line meters feature high quality metal construction in brass, stainless steel, or anodized aluminum. They are available in seven port sizes from 1/4" to 3" with flow ranges from 0.02 - 180 GPM.
Hedland high pressure variable area meters can be used in applications in which the temperature ranges from -20 to 240°F. Stainless steel models are pressure rated for 6,000 psi/414 bar maximum (5,000 psi/345 bar maximum for 3/4" to 1-1/2" series) with a 3:1 safety factor. Aluminum and brass variable area flow meters are pressure rated for 3,500 psi/241 bar maximum with a 3:1 safety factor. Brass models are highly recommended for water systems or for systems where galvanic corrosion may be a problem.
The Hedland High Pressure Flow Meter for Water-based Fluids can also be configured with a reverse flow option. Additionally, oil/water emulsion meters can be configured as a test kit which includes a glycerin-dampened analog pressure gauge (range from 0 to 3500 psi with brass or aluminum meters or 0 to 6000 psi with stainless steel meters) and a load valve (needle valve with 1/2", 3/4" and 1" meters and ball valve with 1-1/4" and 1-1/2" meters).
All Hedland variable area flow meters use a sharp-edged annular orifice, formed between the open-centered piston and a contoured metering cone. The piston is held in a "no flow" position at the base of the contoured cone by a calibrated retention spring. Flow through the meter creates a differential pressure across the piston orifice, moving the piston against the spring. The greater the volume, the further the piston moves. Externally, the flow indicator is magnetically-coupled to the moving piston. The indicator is visually "read" against a graduated flow scale.
Applications for the Hedland High Pressure Flow Meter for Water-based Fluids:
- Pressurized (Non-steam) Water Systems
- Water-based Hydraulic Fluids
Features of the Hedland High Pressure Flow Meter for Water-based Fluids:
- Direct reading
- Install in any position
- 360° rotatable guard/scale
- Easier-to-read linear scale
- No flow straighteners or special piping required
- Relatively insensitive to shock and vibration
- Good viscosity stability
- Hedland High Pressure Flow Meter for Water and Other Fluids Data Sheet PDF (197 KB)
- Hedland High Pressure Flow Meter for Water-based Fluids Pressure Drop Chart PDF (139 KB)
- Hedland High Pressure Flow Meter for Water-based Fluids Manual PDF (1.4 MB)
- Hedland High Pressure Flow Meter for Water-based Fluids Data Sheet PDF (219 KB)
- Hedland High Pressure Flow Meter for Water-based Fluids with Test Kit Data Sheet PDF (383 KB)